This is the right place to have…

All the questions

Our company’s significant industry experience optimizes your supply chain with most-efficient and cost-effective routes.


Most frequent questions



Phone: +97 152 390 8175
  • Why are the shipping rates so volatile?
  • What are the usual methods of freight payment?
  • How do i get a quotation?
  • What documents are required to ship my vehicle?
  • Do we offer marine insurance?
Why are the shipping rates so volatile?

The primary is market demand. Traditionally from Dec through April for imports, especially from Asia to the U.S., it is called the “slow season.” Because the retail market slows down after Christmas. However from mid January through early February there is an upsurge of cargo moving to beat the Chinese New Year deadline whereby factories all over China shut down for weeks. This usually keeps rates high as there is always space problems for cargo getting on vessels. From May through November this would be the “peak season” where there is a big demand for cargo moving into the U.S., so the Carriers raise the rates during this period, with the GRI (general rate increase), and PSS (peak season surcharge).

What are the usual methods of freight payment?

If you are delivering your Shipment/Vehicle yourself to our warehouse, payment must be received in our offices right after you have made the delivery. If we pickup at your home then we will usually email you an invoice which is due upon receipt. All shipments are prepaid usually before it departs. Payments can be made in the form of a wire transfer, cashier’s check, credit cards, cash and personal check.

How do i get a quotation?

When requesting a price for your shipment. Send us an email through this site or call us directly. The most important detail is that your request state origin, destination, pieces, dimensions, and description of the items being shipped. The same applies to vehicles plus the make, model and year. It is also important to state whether the vehicle is in running or non-running condition.

What documents are required to ship my vehicle?

The documents you will need are:
a. The original Certificate of Title of Ownership of the vehicle without a Lien recorded on the Title. If the title indicates a Lien Holder, then a lien release letter must accompany the title.
b. If the vehicle is used or pre-owned the existing Certificate of Title can be endorsed by the seller to the new owner. No Sales Tax is payable to the Seller and proof of export will be given to the Seller if requested.
c. Depending on which Port the vehicle will sail from, you may need a Bill of Sale or a Notarized Bill of Sale.
d. If you are in the Military, Government or State service and there is a Lien recorded on the vehicle, the Lien Holder needs to give permission to export the vehicle. This permission must be an Original Letter from the Lien holder together with 3 certified copies of the Certificate of Title. You will also need to present your Military orders or a letter from the Government or State authority.
e. When a new vehicle is purchased, an Original Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MSO)must be obtained from the Dealership instead of a title . Please note that some countries do not accept the import of the vehicle or make it extremely difficult to import with only the MSO. A Bill of Sale is also required.

Do we offer marine insurance?

Yes, we do offer Marine Insurance. We provide full coverage Marine Insurance. This covers of you against any major dents or damage or loss to part of the vehicle while the shipping vessel, with your cargo laden on board, is on the water. Ask us about the different coverage’s available. With Roll on Roll off shipments, no goods are permitted in the vehicles so only the vehicle will be insured.
With shared or exclusive container shipments, personal goods are allowed to be packed in the vehicle and in the container but the goods are not insurable against any damage. The personal goods will be insured against total loss only. The vehicle will be insured for damage and or total loss but will not be insured against damage that is caused by goods packed in the vehicle. For the personal goods to be covered, you will need an itemized packing list of the goods packed in each box and a total count of the boxes and their value. You also need to include the last 6 digits of the vehicle’s VIN on the packing list. This itemized list must be attached to the original Title, presented and signed for at the terminal when the goods are delivered.
With exclusive containers self loaded by the customer, Marine Insurance will only cover total loss.
Total loss cover is s when the container is lost or mishandled and the goods in the container are deemed to be damaged to the extent that they cannot be recovered or repaired.

Not sure how much would it cost you?

Use our calculator to find out!


Universal Postal Services is one of the world’s number one contract logistics provider. We have a major presence in all regions of the world.



Our mission is to provide the highest quality freight services with extra services to our customers. We take pride in our custom database of vetted and certified reputable carriers sourced from experienced carriers.